Friday 10 February 2012

AN ENGLISH COTTAGE

One of my favorite homes is the English cottage in the movie The Holiday with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet. I fell in love with that little house. Even tho it was a "fake house" I certainly could see myself living in that style of home. And I don't think it would be that hard to draw up the plans to build a cottage like that. I especially like the fireplace in the kitchen. The living room is so inviting. Even the bedroom has a nice fireplace. There are 3 small cottages a few blocks from where I live and they remind me of this cottage.














5 comments:

  1. That is the spitting image of my Great Aunts house in Bladon near Oxford right across the street from where Churchill is buried. Her house had thatched a roof though and much lower ceilings, those ceilings must have been raised to accommodate the actors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine the ceilings were made higher for the actors too. I watch Homes International and the episodes where they are looking for a "cottage" it always surprises me at how low the ceilings are. Does your Aunt still live in the house? How wonderful that would be. One day I will go to England and see for myself these beautiful little cottages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She was my grandmothers sister and long gone.I have lost touch but i remember the cottage and the thatch roof.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I found your web site by means of Google at the same time as searching for
    a related matter, your website came up, it seems to be
    great. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.


    Feel free to visit my blog post - gardening tips

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very goοd aгticle! We will be linking tο
    this great post on our websitе. Keep uρ the great wrіtіng.


    Also visit mу blοg - organic potting soil

    ReplyDelete